How to Treat and Prevent Blisters Naturally?
Blisters are formed by repetitive pressure and friction which results in the detachment of the surface layers of the skin from those underneath. They are often painful, and frequently occur on the feet due new shoes or the hands when we’ve used a tool in a repetitive or intense way. Use our natural blister care recipes to help your skin to heal and regenerate.
How to avoid blisters and chafing
Using a nourishing plant oil provides lasting protection for the hands and feet by acting as a second skin. These active ingredients will soften and strengthen the skin, making it stronger in the face of aggression and preventing blisters from forming. Add in an essential oil and you get a pleasant, fresh effect on hot feet.
Here’s our favourite recipe for preventing blisters and chafing:
Add 1 drop of Peppermint essential oil to a small amount of Coconut vegetable oil. Apply a little of this protective mixture to the areas of friction between the foot and the shoe (heel, arch, top or side of the toes). This recipe isn’t just for the feet, but other areas of the body that might be sensitive to friction, like the inner thighs or the hands. From 7 years of age.
How to treat a blister on the foot or hand naturally
Essential oils and vegetable oils work particularly well on the skin by accelerating the natural regeneration process of tissue after trauma. By regularly applying our blends, following instructions closely, they will facilitate the repair of the skin and help blisters to heal.
Oils needed for treatment:
Essential oils: bois de rose d'Asie, ciste ladanifère, géranium, hélichryse, lavande aspic, lavande vraie, niaouli, romarin à verbénone, santal blanc.Asian Rosewood, Cistus Ladanifera, Geranium, Helichrysum, Lavender Aspic, Lavender Vera, Niaouli, Rosemary Verbenone, White Sandalwood
Vegetable oils: Sweet Almond, Calophylla, Jojoba, St. John's Wort, Musk Rose
- Mix 1ml of Cistus Ladanifera essential oil + 0.5ml of Helichrysum essential oil with 10ml of a neutral vegetable oil like Sweet Almond or Jojoba. Apply 4 drops of the mixture on each blister, 3 times per day until healed. From 7 years of age.
- Mix 1 drop of Lavandin Super essential oil + 1 drop of Rosemary Camphor essential oil with a small amount of Shea Butter. Add half that amount of Coconut Oil. Apply a thin layer, every morning and evening, for 1 to 2 weeks. From 7 years of age.
- Mix 2 drops of Cistus Ladanifera essential oil + 1 drop of Helichrysum essential oil with 20 drops of Rose Hip vegetable oil. Apply 4 drops of the mixture directly to the blister, 3 times a day until healed. From 7 years of age.
- Dilute 20 drops of Rosemary Verbenone essential oil in 30 ml (1 whole bottle) of Rose Hip vegetable oil.
Apply a little of this mixture to the blister, 3 times a day, until healed. From 15 years of age.
- Add 2 drops of True Lavender essential oil to 2 drops of Rose Hip vegetable oil.
Apply the mixture to the injured area, every morning and evening, until healed. From 7 years of age.
Our ready-to-use product
If you want to act simply and quickly without the need to prepare your own mixtures, consider our ready-to-use product….
Bumps & Bruises Gel
This gel is the healthcare Swiss Army Knife to always carry with you in your first aid kit or handbag. It contains 33 essential oils and works quickly to clean, purify, relieve and repair superficial injuries like bumps, bruises, light burns, itching, stings and blisters.
It protects the skin and supports its regenerative power, helping you heal faster.
Apply a small amount of our Bumps & Bruises Gel to the affected area as soon as possible after injury or irritation. It doesn’t sting when applied and can be used by adults and children aged 3+.
Dermatologically tested - No colouring agent - No preservatives - No synthetic fragrance
Source: Extracts from the books "Aromatherapia, tout sur les huiles essentielles" and "HUILES ESSENTIELLES, HUILES VÉGÉTALES & HYDROLATS : Mes indispensables", by Isabelle Pacchioni, published by Aroma Thera.