How to use and maintain your essential oil diffuser?
After several uses, your Essential Oil Diffuser can become clogged and even stop working properly.
To make the most of the benefits of your diffuser and avoid any breakdowns, it is important to carefully follow the maintenance instructions in the leaflet supplied with your device. If your diffuser is not properly maintained, it may be damaged and may not last over time.
Please note! Each diffusion technology has its own particularities, and you are advised to adapt your maintenance to the category of diffuser in your appliance.
4 general tips to increase the life of your diffuser
- Refer to the manufacturer's instructions of use.
- Never add vegetable oil to the diffuser to dilute an essential oil. Vegetable oil is greasy and much more viscous and will quickly clog your diffuser.
- Clean out the remaining essential oil after each use. These can dry out and stick to the walls or the tank. Once dry, they will be much more difficult to remove.
- Household alcohol or white vinegar are your allies for cleaning all types of diffusers with tough residues or traces.
Nebuliser essential oil diffuser
In order to preserve the lifespan of your nebuliser, we advise you to pour a minimum of 20 drops of essential oils, and not to exceed the maximum level during use.
These diffusers are the most powerful in terms of atmospheric diffusion. However, they are fragile, so it is important to maintain them regularly.
For a perfect diffusion, remember to clean your diffuser carefully every 15 days. If you are used to diffusing citrus essential oils, we recommend cleaning it at least every week.
- Empty the chamber of the device
- Plug in the diffuser and turn it on.
- Remove the blown glass reducer from the glass jar and pour about 2 ml of 90° or 70° alcohol into the glass jar, respecting the minimum and maximum levels, and put the reducer back in place.
The liquid’s integration when the diffuser is in use prevents any liquid infiltration in the central pipette.
- Diffuse the alcohol for 2 to 5 minutes. If the alcohol has not been completely diffused, empty the glass jar.
- The diffuser can be used again as normal.
Caution! Do not insert any objects into the glass jar, such as metal rods, needles or hard brushes. This could cause irreparable damage to the central pipette.
If you do not use your diffuser for a long period of time, remember to empty it and clean it, as the essential oils could solidify, alter the functioning of the diffuser and irremediably stain the glass.
We recommend that you do not place your nebuliser on a piece of furniture made of fragile materials and that you protect nearby furniture.
Misting and Humidifying Diffuser
Depending on the size of the diffuser and its chamber, adapt the quantity of water to be poured according to the indications written on the diffuser or the instructions. We advise you to pour 1 to 2 drops of essential oil per 10 ml of water.
Mist or ultrasound technology is the only technology that works with water and essential oils. For this reason, you must not let the mixture of essential oil and water stagnate as to avoid creating residues. It is therefore recommended to empty the tank after each use to prolong the life of your diffuser.
- Ensure that the diffuser is switched off and unplugged before cleaning.
- Remove the cover and empty the water from the water chamber, taking care not to empty the water into the air outlet.
- Rinse the inside of the chamber thoroughly with clean water to remove any residue.
- Then dry with a soft cloth.
- Repeat the "daily maintenance" steps.
- To descale the appliance, fill the chamber with a small amount of diluted white vinegar and wait 15 minutes.
- Gently remove all residues from the chamber and the ultrasonic pad at the bottom of the chamber with a cotton swab, making sure not to scratch it.
- Then drain the white vinegar and rinse the inside of the tank thoroughly with clean water.
- Then dry with a soft cloth.
Do not use soap, aggressive cleaning agents, detergents, petrol, glass cleaner, furniture polish, paint thinner, or any other solvent to clean the diffuser.
Caution! We recommend that you do not place your mister or humidifier on a piece of furniture made of fragile materials and that you protect nearby furniture. Indeed, with this diffusion technology, the projected essential oils are weighed down by the water and may fall down more. This can eventually leave irreversible marks.
Gentle heat essential oil diffuser
To ensure the best use of your device, we advise you to pour between 20 and 30 drops of essential oils, or not to exceed the maximum gauge indicated in the diffuser chamber.
Maintenance of the gentle heat diffusers is quick and easy. Simply wipe with a soft damp cloth after each use or change of essential oil.
If you have not cleaned your diffuser for a long period of time and the essential oils have dried out, don't panic, clean it with a small amount of 70° or 90° alcohol or white vinegar.
Do not put any part of the diffuser in the dishwasher.
Ventilation essential oil diffuser
It is recommended to soak the tablet with a maximum of 5 to 10 drops of essential oils per use.
Simply change the tablet when you wish and that’s it!
If you wish, you can wipe the walls with a damp cloth soaked in alcohol to remove any residual essential oil.
Other tips on this theme: